The latest chapter in the Grand Theft Auto franchise has proven to be one of the most influential video games of all times. GTA V broke global sales records within days of its release in 2013, and it seems as if this game is not quite done selling copies. More than 15 million copies of GTA V were sold in 2017, and the online version of the game reached its maximum player count back in December.
Custom Gaming Rigs Popularized By The Latest Games
The YouTube videos comparing the console and custom gaming PC versions of GTA V have attracted thousands of views and comments from gamers who are happy to see desktop gaming making a strong comeback.
The graphics settings within GTA V can be adjusted all the way up to “Maximum” level, which would involve playing on the monitor with a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels and with a frame rate above 90 fps. Some of the RAGE settings that can be appreciated at this graphical level include:
- High texture quality that really brings out the natural beauty of San Andreas, the fictional version of Southern California in the game.
- TX Anti-Aliasing: this feature eliminates all flickering and sudden shifts of game objects.
- High-resolution shadows that are truly crisp, particularly when the game unfolds during a sunset.
- Distance scaling eliminates the fog on the horizon and makes everything look natural.
- NPC population: with a powerful custom gaming PC, GTA V comes alive with high numbers of people going about their business on the streets of San Andreas.
Some of the aforementioned YouTube videos claim that a $10,000 custom gaming rig was used to make the comparison against the Xbox; in reality, A Plus Computers can build a powerful gaming rig that can handle GTA V for far less than that.